Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Run, run, run as fast as you can!

So lately I have been going to Dog Day's this summer, which is a local community workout project run by a man called Red Dog, they have it twice a day at 6:00am and 6:00pm MTWR and it is intense. Marines will come and say it is a challenge. I've been going at least four times a week and going to the Saturday Fun Run. You have to go 20 times to get a shirt and I've gone 11 times, 12 after tonight. we had to do a timed mile yesterday and I did it in 12;30 which was slow compared to the rest of the masses. It's been fun and I plan to still go after I hit 20 times because exercise is always good for you. Also I highly recommend drinking a glass of chocolate milk after a workout because it seriously helps with soreness. Also Red Dog's wife Beverly, has talked me and one of my friends into running a 5k at the end of the summer and run more than walk it. So that will be an interesting challenge. I also saw a facebook/ Ljworld.com that Lawrence is have a 5k Color Run this October and I would enjoy doing that because who wouldn't want to be doused in different colors? Last thing, It's really hard going to bed early enough to go work at 6 in the morning. So I am trying to learn to go to bed earlier and now love Fridays because I can sleep in.

So on that note I have to go get ready to go to Dog Day's.

Have a nice week and try finding a local community workout program!

Kels

PS

Here is a link to Dog Day's website where they list workouts for people out of town.
http://www.reddogsdogdays.org/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment