Friday, July 27, 2012

Those Five Rings

I adore the Olympics. I think it is a wonderful show of sportsmanship and competitive edge.I also love cheering for my country and hoping they do their best and to cheer for the underdogs that have never won and seeing history take place. I love gymnastics, speed skating, ice skating, bob sledding, swimming, synchronized swimming, anything with horses (which is never on tv!), the one where you ski and shoot, diving, archery and so many more that I can't remember. I think that they are a fabulous way of looking back and thinking what was happening four years ago in your life or two if you like to think of the Olympics as every two years and it doesn't matter if it is winter or summer, which I do.

Four years ago I was getting ready to go to my freshman year of college and was super nervous! I also got to welcome my sweet niece Annika into the world whose due date was the day of the opening ceremony 8-8-8 but was early, silly girl missing an awesome birthday! I'm glad that I've made it through college and had nothing to be nervous about.  Two years ago I was "talking to" (my mom HATES that term) a super wonderful man who is now my fiancé. I remember watching the winter Olympics with Tyler and using that as an excuse to hang out with him and get to know him better and I'm so glad I did.

On my own little sportiness, I earned my regular dog day's shirt and will earn my Saturday dog day's shirt in the morning!  This past week I was in Bartlesville, where I got to see Tyler play 14 straight innings of baseball, such a hard worker, and participate in a Great Expectations (GE) training. GE was wonderful! I met many great people/teachers and learned so many different techniques that I can't wait to use in my own classroom! Also I would like to brag on Tyler and mention he won the male intern of the year for his site for the camp he did. I also was excited to see friends that I haven't seen all summer and be able to catch up with them.


One last thing currently I'm doing a face mask called the burning mask, which I think works really well and is fun to use because you smell like an apple pie for thirty minutes and you also look like you would scare small children which isn't as fun. 

Proof  I look scary
Confession time, I am watching the opening ceremonies and they are being dvred for my mom and sisters and I have probably rewinded it 25,930,093 times so I could hear every little thing they say and not miss anything. Also I have now had this mask on for 50 minutes and I'm only suppose to have it on for 30. Whoops.

Win me a medal folks!
Ps.My dear friend Emily started Med School last week and got her white coat today! I'm so stinking proud of her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment