Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 1 of Student Teaching

Well I'm been in my classroom for a whole week! Half of the week was meetings and setting up the room and the other half was with the students. This week while we were setting up our room I realized I had never been to an elementary first day of school! I had no idea what to expect at all. In my little fantasy I imagined you did some get to know you stuff but got right into the whole teaching thing. Nope lots and lots of get to know each other and the school stuff. It's all very fun and interesting to see theses days and not quite worry about actually teaching yet. But I have seen lots of great ideas that I can use in my own classroom one day. I love my teacher! She is fabulous and so helpfully. I'm her first student teacher so she is more worried about not showing me everything I need to see and learn than me doing poorly. All of the other teachers I have met have been wonderful too and I can learn something different from each of them. So far I like all of my students some have interesting quirks and some will definitely be a challenge. But I'm up for the challenge! After being in student teaching all day three days this week I  worked in the bookstore for a little while, but that was only for this week. I would also go and work in the coffee shop on campus which I am doing all year and I also really enjoy. I totally feel the whole go go go thing going on, but I still have down time and get to see Tyler and all my dear friends. Tonight I went to a Driller game in Tulsa with Tyler and our friends Brittany and Arynn. We had a lot of fun at the game and the Drillers won! Then we came back to school and watched Hercules. It was a great end to a wonderful week and I'm ready for the next to begin.

Time for me to dream!
Night Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment