Monday, June 20, 2011

Play Ball!

Well I thought I was going to be able to get on the internet at the Collinsville Library. Boy was I wrong, sigh, instead I’m writing this in word and I’ll post it later. First off I’ve discovered I really like using the word so when I write, therefore, I am striving really really hard not to use it. Now let me tell you why I’m in Collinsville, kiddo number two has a horse day camp all week in Collinsville and I’m only getting reimbursed to drive there and back with her in the car. No way do I want to drive 40 or so minutes 4 times every day for a week. This means I’m hanging out at the library and reading and going to fun places for lunch that they only have in Tulsa (hello chick-fila!). Sadly I discovered today that the library here doesn’t open till noon. I got to Collinsville around 8:45 after I dropped off the dear one. I was still really tired from this weekend, which I’ll get to in a second, and thinking that the library probably opened at 9. I decided to take a nap in my car. It was nice I woke up like 4 or 5 separate times; I did go and see if it was open at one point to be disappointed and went back to napping. Even though I was parked in the shade under a tree it was still really hot here in good old Oklahoma and when I woke up I was drenched in sweat. Probably not my best plan, but I didn’t know what else to do. I tried calling people, I.e. Mom, Jessica, and Jocilyn to give me ideas but no one answered. So, (sigh) I decided to go find a coffee shop. But the one I found is closed due to fire or something, the nice thing about small towns are people are friendly and help strangers and this old man say and asked what I was looking for and he gave me directions to a café/diner place and I hung out there and had lunch till the library opened. I really appreciate ac a lot.

This weekend was a blast I went to 4 baseball games in 3 days with Tyler. Well 5 in 4 after Tyler’s game tonight. This first night the drillers won in extra innings and then there were fireworks after. We bought the $5 lawn seats, because we don’t mind the grass, and in the 7th inning they move everyone for the fireworks. Since the games went an extra 4 innings it was almost like we got two games for the price of one (which we did the next night) and got good seats for cheap the second half. Before the game we came super early because we were suppose to meet Tyler’s dad somewhere to get a foul ball Tyler got at the OKWU/Driller game. Little did his dad know we planned on getting it signed for Tyler to give his dad for father’s day. Over the three days we got everyone put 5 pitchers, two players on the DL and the coaches. After the first day it was hard to get them because we had a lot of them and the silly pitchers don’t really come over and sign autographs. But since we were so close Tyler decided to wait to give it to his dad till we got the last ones. For the second game our friend Erin came with Tyler and I and we had a lot of fun. We sat in left field in the lawn seats which was new but it was closer to the restroom and water fountain and not a lot people sit and we had most of it to ourselves. Well in the…. 5th inning (?) Erin and I decided it was time to go get a drink of water. Wouldn’t you know that would be the time a HOME RUN was hit to where we were sitting! We were already at the top of the hill but I heard the crack and turned around in time to see Tyler go run over and catch it mid-air like the good little outfielder he was! I was super excited for him, Sadly, it was from the other team so he didn’t want it as much, but was still super stoked to catch it, after the game he was on the recaps at the end, but Tyler didn’t see because he didn’t think about and went to get a drink of water, So we keep checking the website because they post them so he can see it. After that we went and got the player to sign the ball and he is actually a top minor league prospect so it is cool to have his ball especially if he makes it pro. On Sunday father’s day we went to the game with his dad. His mom and sister were suppose to come too, but ended up not being able too. I was going to let it be father-son day, but his dad invited me on Sunday and I thought the rest of the family was coming too, so I came along and worked on getting autographs on the ball while Tyler and his dad got to go play catch on the field. We all had a lot of fun and sat in the all-you-can-eat seats and weren’t quite as hungry or thirsty as the first two games. Let me tell you those seats pay for them self just in being able to get drinks and snacks.

Oh my I have written lots and lots hopefully I didn’t bore you all. When I post this I’m going to try and put pictures up from the game and maybe the recap! Oh and on Saturday while I was at the ball game I got a text from my cousin saying she was engaged and that was super exciting! I’m really happy for Natalie and Shawn, they have only been dating forever, and Natalie is sure to make a really beautiful bride. Now I’m going to read a little while longer while I wait for it to be time to get the kiddo! If anyone has any ideas as to do what I can do in the Collinsville/Owasso/Tulsa area the next four days especially before the silly library open they would be greatly appreciated! Dang it I used so 8 now 9 times… grrr 

Real last thought: I love Fridays because it's when Kimberly posts on her blog and I get to read about Alaska :) 








Tyler and his dad at the game :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of baseball games! How fun that you caught a foul ball. Always wanted to do that.

    And thanks for the congratulations!

    ReplyDelete